The year 2006 is a milestone in the History of the Ursuline sisters as one more educational institution is grafted on to its mission in the village of Kanhiradukam, In kasaragode district of Kerala.Ursuline public school Was inaugurated on 05th June 2006 by Rev.Fr.Antony Thekkemuriyil. Rev.Sr. Fernanda Ezhanikatt was then the provincial superior. sr.Nithya was appointed the first Principal of the new school. Rev.Sr. Betty James was the local manager.
The Sisters who run the Ursuline Public school belong to the Congregation of the Ursulines of Mary Immaculate with its original head quarters in Piacenza,Italy. From its initial days in 1649 education was its primary activity. The pioneers aimed at integral formation of the young boys and girls by type of education which tends to bring about a personal synthesis of life by educating them to be spiritually oriented, morally upright, socially concerned and intellectually well informed, with a view to making human life meaningful.
When we upgraded to std VIII our urgent need was to secure NOC from the State Government and affiliation to CBSE New Delhi. Many are the demands made by the state Govt. and we had to work hard for over a year, to fulfill all of them. After a long struggle we managed to get the NOC from the State Government and affiliation to the Central Board of Secondary education in the month of may 2012.